Subject: Re: Lease favorite non-operatic work.
From: Godfrey Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:14:47 -0500

Carmina Burana was an entry piece for me given by a friend nurturing my expanding musical
tastes. I'd never heard of Orff. Next came Carmen (Troyanos) then Barbiere (Prey, Berganza).
Not too long after came the Met live telecast of Don Giovanni which reappeared on YouTube
yesterday. I sure appreciate it more  now! Sutherland is stupendous, Morris merely extremely
good. All I remember from that night in '78 is his earring and her voluminous costumes.

Modify your settings: