Subject: Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?
From: Gregory Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 26 Feb 2018 09:47:36 -0800

Many of my favorites have already been mentioned (especially Knoxville,
Vier Letzte Lieder, Das Lied von der Erde).

To add a rather different piece, one of my most played recordings is
Einhorn's oratorio Voices of Light. This was inspired by the silent film
The Passion of Joan of Arc. For a special treat, there is a version of the
film set to the oratorio. The woman playing Joan is just astonishingly
expressive (as I guess silent actors had to be -- I'm not a film buff, but
she amazes me) and adds an extra dimension to the music -- or do I have
that backwards?

Greg Armstrong

Virus-free.
www.avg.com