Subject: Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 26 Feb 2018 10:55:27 -0500

I would choose many of those that others have, like the Mahler 8th,

the Brahms and Verdi Requiems.  There are some that I have not

seen that mean a great deal to me.  I am moved by in particular the

Quatro Pezzi Sacri,  Poulenc Gloria,  Symphony of Psalms, Oedipus

Rex and one of my very favorites, Knoxville, Summer of 1915.

I listen to the Steber recordings often, but also the Upshaw and the

Price.  From beginning to end, but especially the closing " but will not

ever tell who I am", the combination of Agee's words and Barber's

music is overwhelming.

Angelo from Boston