Subject: Re: Tears may fall!
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 26 Feb 2018 00:18:01 -0500

No, I love it too. But I also love a good deal of Orff that most people don't even know.
(WEll, no one really knows anything more than Carmina Burana lol.) And the 2 "sequels" to
Carmina Burana (Catulli Carmina and Il Trionfo Di Afrodite) are fascinating pieces that
deserve to be heard more often.

Orff's Der Mond is also a very fun opera, and frankly would make a wonderful children's
opera (as I think it was intended to be). Though it's a complex piece (despite a number of
very hummable tunes), it really wouldn't be that challenging to produce, compared to many
standard operas. Yet I never hear that it's being done anywhere. Too bad. (Not that I'd
expect the Met to do a piece like that, but it would be perfect for a small company looking
for a family-oriented piece...)