Subject: Re: Tears may fall!
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Feb 2018 23:44:48 -0500

I have never forgotten a performance of Turandot in Boston which was presented by the Opera Company of Boston in the early '80s. Eva Marton sang the title role.  Our seats were close to the stage.  As Marton began "In questa reggia" she started to cry.  By the time she finished the aria, she was in a state of a flood of tears, ruining all of her makeup.

Best.

Ray

***