Subject: Metropolitan opera National Council auditions from the mid Atlantic region sends 1st place winners to New York finals next month
From: Alan Savada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Feb 2018 17:26:46 -0500

I just wanted to get a quick posting in before my next performance and I will elaborate on all of the performances today which were pretty amazing at the Kennedy center for our Met regional auditions.Bass Brent Michael Smith and Bass-baritone Andrew Bogard( A graduate of the Washington young artist program)  garnered 3rd place, while tenor Matthew White took 2nd. The big news is that once again the met deemed we were worthy of sending 3 finalists to New York as 1st place winners in the region soprano Madison Leonard(Presently in the Washington program and also headed to Wolf Trap for a second season this summer), baritone Ethan Simpson and tenor Joshua Blue. What a spectacular afternoon it was and I will tell you all about it when I get a chance tomorrow.Alan SavadaWashington DCvia the Samsung Galaxy S®8+