Subject: Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Feb 2018 13:46:11 -0700

My favorites?  I've got a few.....

Verdi Requiem (numero uno)
Mozart Requiem (I know, its not all Mozart but who cares)
Mozart Great Mass in C minor (as close to Heaven as I will ever get)
Beethoven Missa Solemnis (weird but magical)
Beethoven Mass in C Major
Bach - B minor mass (numero due)
Berlioz - Requiem
Brahms - Ein Deutsches Requiem
Cherubini - Requiem in C minor

To which I will add any number of masses by Mozart and Haydn - take your
pick, you can't go wrong.
Beethoven.  Sorry to be so pedestrian but there is a reason for the
greatness of the above mentioned and I apologize for missing anything later
- including the various Schubert masses.
No more, I'm already verklempt thinking about it.  Talk among'st
yourselves.

Donald