Subject: Re: la boheme
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Feb 2018 13:35:41 -0700

Interesting review.  I tend to agree with you and Bob Rideout except for
me, Act  3 is the heart of Boheme.  For me, it is the crux and climax of
the opera.  Everything in in the last act is just gathering momentum to the
conclusion and Mimi's death.  Act 3 is where your heart is torn out.  The
quartet leaves me in tears.  I'm amazed at the youthful quality and heart
of Boheme every time I hear it.  Its really hard to ruin it.  That being
said, I love Fanciulla!  Minnie is my golden girl.

Donald