Subject: Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Feb 2018 13:59:01 -0500

DAS LIED VON DER ERDE leads the pack for me, and is followed closely,
by Mahler's Eighth Symphony, then his Second.

I love the Elgar choral works too, and Britten's CEREMONY OF CAROLS.

Then there is the Brahms GERMAN REQUIEM, followed by the Requiems of
Mozart, Berlioz, Faure, and Verdi; yes, in that order, and Mozart's great
Mass
in C minor, Haydn's CREATION, NELSON, and TIME OF WAR Masses.
Beethoven's MISSA SOLEMNIS, is not an easy listen, but a phenomenal
work, and Bach occupies a musical universe all his own, with the PASSIONS
and B MINOR MASS.

My affection for CARMINA BURANA, has not subsided, and I agree with you
on the supremacy of Lieder, with which I include the Strauss FOUR LAST
SONGS.

Is PETER AND THE WOLF eligible?

dtmk