Subject: Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?
From: gordon young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Feb 2018 12:43:21 -0600

I've always been very fond of the songs of the late 19th and early 20th
century French song writers like Hahn, Chausson and Chabrier. Jaroussky's
disc Opium is a favorite. For me the counter-tenor sound brings an extra
romanticism to the songs. There are clips of Philippe and his group
performing some of the songs on Youtube. The interactions between the group
is charming and makes me think of Carvaggio's paintings of musicians.
Gordon