Subject: Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Feb 2018 17:56:48 +0000

Way, way too many to name. I get as much pleasure from lieder
as I do from opera. I'd need a week to list my favorite "songs" and
"cycles".

Same with Requiems, Stabat Maters and all manner of sacred
music.

However -

Since you mentioned Elgar, I'll put in a special word for his
"Sea Pictures" with Janet Baker, in my favorite of all her
recordings, conducted by Barbirolli. It is magnificent!

Bob