Subject: Funny (operatic) scenes captured on video?
From: "Takis Pavl." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Feb 2018 09:30:38 +0000

It's easy to come up with a list of superbly dramatic moments captured on video but how about the funny ones? I struggle with most Cat duet videos because they are loaded with OTT gestures and facial expressions. Slapstick or camp moments can be funny but not all opera singers have a clever sense of humour or/and the stage charisma to pull them off alla Marx Bros. Good timing is so important. Do we have any videos of S. Baccaloni, I suspect he was delicious to experience on stage.

I enjoyed Marie-Nicole Lemieux in this bootleg video.
Vivaldi Nel Profondo (Jaroussky, Lemieux, Spinosi, Vivaldi )

|  |  |
Vivaldi Nel Profondo (Jaroussky, Lemieu...

best,
Takis