Subject: Curious about this Don Carlo video
From: Sylvia Rienzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Feb 2018 08:40:42 +0000

Came upon a full length video performance of Don Carlo while browsing on
YouTube.  Decided to listen and had a real treat, a really treasurable
performance!  The audience was ecstatic.

Cast was Domingo, Price, Bruson, Obraztova, Nesterenko, Abbado, La Scala
1978, apparently from a TV broadcast.

I liked it so much, I’d like to own my own copy,  but I was unable to find
one.  The recording on YouTube has RAI in the upper right corner of the
video, but RAI must be defunct as I can’t find their catalog.  There is a
CD of this performance on Amazon but it got almost all bad reviews for
terrible sound so I’d rather return to YouTube to listen.  There is good
sound on the video which I watched/listened via Roku streaming through my
very decent TV stereo, which I have deliberately set up to get good audio.

Comments on this performance anyone?