Subject: Re: La Boheme as heard on WQXR today from the Met
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:50:08 -0500

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 6:29 PM, Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> By The Way - was anyone else impressed by baritone Lucas Meachem/? / I
> just loved his "Scarpiaesque"  shout of "strega" in Act III & hopefully, he
> might be headed for Verdi & not limited to Marcello, Valentin, & the like.

Absolutely! I meant to mention his wonderful Marcello but somehow got taken
by our concerns about Yoncheva and Fabiano, both of whom we clearly all
wish only the best. I'm not familiar with this baritone and hope we hear
him on the airwaves more often.

I got a private e-mail that HD was definitely much more enjoyable so going
to the encore could be an option.

Vesna