Subject: Re: La Boheme as heard on WQXR today from the Met
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:29:02 -0500

I, too, am very concerned about Fabiano heading down the "Rolando
Path".  The role of Faust in Boito's Mefistofele is not an easy one &
could prove detrimental to his vocal estate.  Unfortunately, there
appears to be no teachers of the""Italian School" left alive - perhaps
Martinucci, Cecchele, Scotto & Shicoff could help Mr. Fabiano, of whom I
expected great things.

By The Way - was anyone else impressed by baritone Lucas Meachem/? / I
just loved his "Scarpiaesque"  shout of "strega" in Act III & hopefully,
he might be headed for Verdi & not limited to Marcello, Valentin, & the

Modify your settings: