Subject: Re: Lotte Schone
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Feb 2018 20:58:51 -0800

I don’t feel so sure about Schwarzkopf or Karajan. I think there’s reasonable evidence to support the notion that joining the Nazi party to stay employed was much like some jobs requiring you join a union. I don’t at all assume that every performer who joined the party for employment purposes was aware of the genocide horrors.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPad