Subject: Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Feb 2018 23:27:15 -0500

You are correct in that it was Leider.  But I stand by my comments of there being live excerpts in poor sound from the early 1930s as I owed them.  I have to rely on my memory as the same were among the 20,000 recordings lost in house fire now over two decades ago.  What I remember is my frustration in that they were not in better sound so they clearly were not the studios that you refer to.  Also -- and my memory may be wrong -- I believe that the excerpts were of American origin from the Met and that they either came to me directly or by way of Francis Robinson.

Best.

Ray