Subject: Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Feb 2018 22:19:08 -0500

Politics and her personality aside (which, granted, are two enormous obstacles).  Melchior is reported to have stated that she was the greatest of all the Isoldes that he sang opposite.  I seem to recall that there are very dim/poor live excerpts of the two of them in those roles from about 1932 which I used to own.  Among the singers in their prime during the 1930s,I have found her voice to be exquisite and and superb.

Best.

Ray