Subject: Re: Lotte Schone
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Feb 2018 19:21:39 +0000

A magnificent singer whose recorded legacy is very well
represented in a number of excellent transfers on Preiser
(Lebendige Vergangenheit).

She was among the large group of German Jews who were
forced to flee Getmany in the early days of the Third Reich.
According to sketchy notes that I have put together over
the years, she survived WWII hiding in the French Alps
and did sing in Berlin after the war. She retired in 1953 and
died in 1977, at about 86 years of age.

The Preiser CDs are superb; well worth your time and money!

Bob