Subject: Parsifal 2/23/18
From: Seth Lutzky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Feb 2018 08:48:59 -0500

I was also in the theater to hear Parsifal last friday night. I upgraded my
subscription ticket to sit in the Grand Tier box close to the stage. The
sound from this location was super sensational. The voices were very much up
close and the clearest I have every experienced. The orchestra played
beautifully and wasn't too loud. Being this close to everything you feel
like you are part of the production.My feeling about orchestral volume is
the higher you sit up in the MET the louder the orchestra gets. There are
plenty of dead spots. I try to avoid the orchestra preferring to sit along
the side boxes. There is a partial view but the overall sound quality is
superb and genuine. The seats are also generally cheaper than full view seats.

Modify your settings: