Subject: Re: WHRB MINUS DAVID ELLIOTT
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:40:45 -0500

Speaking of Ron Della Chiesa, I try to avoid hearing him even though
sometimes it is unavoidable when I am listening to the BSO broadcasts.
What made me write to 'GBH years ago about him in particular was hearing
him pronounce the composer Loewe's name as "Low".  That really set me off
so I wrote something like "your principal classical music announcer can
only pronounce his own name correctly.  Any other foreign names are mis-
pronounced".  I did get a response. It was that I must be talking about
Ron Della Chiesa and that they had never received any complaints about
his work before me and that they felt that he was greatly respected by all.
That was years ago and he has not improved one iota since that time. I feel that his laziness and sloppiness is a disgrace and gives all who listen to
him an unfavorable impression of Boston musical life. BTW when I wrote to the BSO about him they answered that they had no control over what 'GBH does and agreed with what I had to say.

At a dinner, again years ago, I happened to be seated across from him at
the same table. He talked about the people who listened to him and how
pleased they were with what he does. What disturbed him I think was that
I spoke to others seated there but completely ignored him.

Angelo from Boston