Subject: Tuning
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Feb 2018 22:59:40 -0500

In the 19th century tuning varied from town to town. Faure says so in his book. The thing is, it was never as high as 440. However he warns his students to remember they will need to adjust.
Older instruments adapted to a lower tuning, but as I say, there was some wiggle room.
But when you get to 440 there is much less room to go higher. And people are more on edge at that pitch.are marketed.

The big deal is the change in how young singers

Sent from my iPhone