Subject: Re: Tunings
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Feb 2018 21:29:14 +0000

Documentation is all over the place, and I've had some
interesting and informative private mail. But, it must be
noted that the difference between 432 and 440 is barely
noticeable, if at all. A half step down from 440 would be
around 415. Or so I've been told. So it seems not true that
70 years ago pitch was a half tone lower!

Your question about ease of emission, is based on where
the voice is placed. There is a reason why Lily Pons transposed
the Lucia Mad Scene UP! ;-)

Bob