Subject: Re: Tunings
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Feb 2018 16:18:20 -0500

That was the contention, that over time the turning has been raised to the
benefit of the orchestra and the detriment of the singer.

And also it led to bigger orchestras because the brighter sound needed more
support.

I think (I don't have the article in front of me at the moment) that writer
says if you, as a singer, are singing with an orchestra tuned to 435 or 432,
the sound production is easier and more fluid / flexible, producing a more
even and less stressed sound.

????  Is there at least some validity to the point that a lower tuning
allows most singers to have (for lack of a better sense) a richer, more
easier sounding emission?