Subject: Re: Parsifal - as heard on WQXR from the Met, today
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 17 Feb 2018 19:07:49 -0500

This was one of those "don't get it" so I "got it" days.
I love it when I am unfamiliar with an opera and enter only because the
score blows me away and while I am loving every minute of Nezet-Seguin's
take I am also loving every single singer who seemed to me to be right on
the money. And this includes Vogt whose voice I am unfamiliar with.
I found his "boyish" sound to be perfect for the role.
I followed with the libretto which helped a lot and I truly enjoyed this
Opera is a cut above!

Modify your settings: