Subject: Re: Met New Priductions was (Traviata - New Production)
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 17 Feb 2018 08:48:31 -0500

Perhaps in repeating my mistake, you suffer from the same condition I do -
aging eyes and flying fingers?

But of course, you know its a rule of Opera L to ignore the content and
focus on the minutiae!

Donald is correct there is indeed that elusive second "r"...unless they got
it wrong (which would vindicate the two of us!) when they carved Bellini's

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 7:38 PM, Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 15:47:29 -0500, Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]
> >
> wrote:
> >Of course watching an HD counts, just as watching it on PBS counts, and
> >listening to Callas on a transcription of a La Scala broadcast counts, or
> >an "electrical" recording of Ponselle in "La Vestale," or Patti's acoustic
> >rendering of "Ah credea mirati" or a cylinder document of the remains of
> >Jean de Reszke counts.  To claim in our time that it all lives or dies by
> >what's "in house" denies over 100 years the ability to record history.
> It''s "Ah non credea mirati."
> You're disqualified.

Modify your settings: