Subject: Re: Met ÂŦAidaÂŧ Next Season
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Feb 2018 19:02:00 -0500

Alain Letort wrote:

"I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in seeing Yonghoon Lee [as Radames}..."

To which Patrick Byrne responded:

"I love Longhoon Lee."

I'm with Mr. Byrne.  I heard Lee sing an excellent Manrico a couple of seasons ago (the
performance at which Dolora Zajick was honored by being presented with a golden anvil).  I
would be happy to hear him as Radames, and I don't think Mr. Letort should worry unduly
about attending a performance of "Aida" with Lee in the cast.

As for Antonenko, I heard him as Otello on the same day (matinee) as the Trovatore
performance.  He was good vocally but rather wooden dramatically.  His voice is certainly the
right caliber for Radames and, again, I would not mind hearing him in an "Aida" cast with an
otherwise satisfactory lineup.

Modify your settings: