Subject: Re: Met New Priductions was (Traviata - New Production)
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Feb 2018 15:47:29 -0500

Of course watching an HD counts, just as watching it on PBS counts, and
listening to Callas on a transcription of a La Scala broadcast counts, or
an "electrical" recording of Ponselle in "La Vestale," or Patti's acoustic
rendering of "Ah credea mirati" or a cylinder document of the remains of
Jean de Reszke counts.  To claim in our time that it all lives or dies by
what's "in house" denies over 100 years the ability to record history.