Subject: Re: The 2018-2019 season
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Feb 2018 10:19:22 -0500

Well, I am surprised and disappointed that there is no Strauss at all...

I am also disappointed that the new LA TRAVIATA production will be in the
hands of the same director who utterly failed to capture the drama of
RIGOLETTO with this Las Vegas version (when I was in the house, people were
literally laughing at some of the most poignant moments... absolute failure
in interpreting Verdi, IMO).

That said, I very much look forward to  the new productions of SAMSON ET
DALILA and ADRIANA LECOUVREUR, for both their stage directors and lead
singers.

I also can't wait for MEFISTOFELE and DIALOGUES DES CARMELITES, and, for
the performers, Christine Goerke's Brunnhilde and Jamie Barton's Fricka in
THE RING, Peter Mattei's title role in DON GIOVANNI (though the rest of the
cast doesn't seem to be up to his level except for the usually
reliable Abdrazakov), Kaufmann's Dick Johnson, an Italian role which suits
him best I think, and Joseph Calleja's Cavaradossi. That's pretty much it.

Vesna