Subject: Re: Met New Priductions was (Traviata - New Production)
From: Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Feb 2018 20:34:06 -0500

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 00:58:27 +0000, Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>It mght be easier to list the productions that you (we, I)
>liked. I can honestly say that since about 2004, when I was last
>in the "house", I have not seen one prodction on PBS that I
>thought was an improvement over its previous incarnation.

Watching on PBS just doesn't count.

Pearl Fishers was awesome.  (But I had never seen another production.)  I'm
not sure you would be able judge it on a small screen.

Ditto Magic Flute.  The Taymore production is a delight and so much better
than the Egyptian one that replace Chagall.

Modify your settings: