Subject: Re: Met New Priductions was (Traviata - New Production)
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Feb 2018 00:58:27 +0000

It mght be easier to list the productions that you (we, I)
liked. I can honestly say that since about 2004, when I was last
in the "house", I have not seen one prodction on PBS that I
thought was an improvement over its previous incarnation. Not
one! And though a few were ok, most were to "retch from", as
they say.

And that is exactly why I target my annual Met donation to the
Broadcast Fund. There is stiill a lot of pleasure to be heard in
the music (of course), and in the vocalism, which may not be
the equal of 1959, but which I still enjoy enough to put my money
where my mouth is. Calleja, Gheorghiu, Florez, Di Donato, and
others have given me enormous pleasure in the last 15 years
and I imagine that that will coninue until I am no more.

Bob