Subject: Re: another Boheme
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 21 Feb 2018 23:12:00 -0500

IMO, Act II is actually the hardest act, from both a staging and a musical perspective. So
much going on (with so many people onstage) that needs to be made clear. All that chorus
work, the film-like back-and-forth interplay between the Bohemians' table and the other
activity in and out of the cafe...the number of things we should see (and clearly hear)
during the concertato ending of the Waltz...and then a parade to top it all off (during which
we still need to get the plot point of Alcindoro getting stuck with the bill, etc.) It may be one
of the shortest acts in opera, but boy, it's packed. Thee's a lot that could go wrong.

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:41:59 -0600, gordon young <[log in to unmask]>

>I'm not sure act two can be ruined.

Modify your settings: