Subject: Re: Met «Aida» Next Season
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:37:14 -0500

I was hoping they might borrow the MEFISTOFELE from
Baden Baden I enjoyed via internet: paradiso occupied
by scores of entertainment angels in their most iconic
costumes, from Hollywood,. Broadway, and Opera.. I
think it would be a hit in NY.

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 7:00 AM, Wendell Eatherly <[log in to unmask]
> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 20:33:41 -0500, donald kane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >Do you know any more about the revival of MEFISTOFELE;
> >where it originated, is it a Met production, etc? And are you
> >as disappointed in its exclusion from the HD schedule as I am?
> >
> It's the same Robert Carsen production they did in 2000. It originated in
> San Francisco Opera in 1989, with Ramey, Benackova, and Dennis O'Neill. It
> was released on video with that cast, as was the 2013 revival with
> Abrazakov, Racette, and Vargas. The production's also been seen elsewhere.
> I'd certainly rather see it that one of the "repeats" we're getting, but
> I'd
> really rather have Pelleas.

Modify your settings: