Subject: Re: Met «Aida» Next Season
From: Wendell Eatherly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 21 Feb 2018 07:00:56 -0500

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 20:33:41 -0500, donald kane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Do you know any more about the revival of MEFISTOFELE;
>where it originated, is it a Met production, etc? And are you
>as disappointed in its exclusion from the HD schedule as I am?
It's the same Robert Carsen production they did in 2000. It originated in
San Francisco Opera in 1989, with Ramey, Benackova, and Dennis O'Neill. It
was released on video with that cast, as was the 2013 revival with
Abrazakov, Racette, and Vargas. The production's also been seen elsewhere.

I'd certainly rather see it that one of the "repeats" we're getting, but I'd
really rather have Pelleas.

Modify your settings: