Subject: Re: Met «Aida» Next Season
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Feb 2018 20:52:43 -0500

dtmk:
Actually, no I am not disappointed that "Mefistofele" isn't included in the
HD because I definitely would have wanted to see it live, in the flesh, sans
prophylactic.

"The spectacular Robert Carsen production returns to the Met for the first
time since 2000, with bass-baritone Christian Van Horn as the diabolical
title character, tenor Michael Fabiano as Faust, and soprano Angela Meade
as Margherita. Mefistofele is the celebrated and only opera by Arrigo
Boito—who famously collaborated with Verdi on the libretti for Otello and
Falstaff."