Subject: Mefistofele (was: Aida)
From: Christopher Weimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Feb 2018 20:49:36 -0500

It's the Robert Carsen production, which has traveled around quite a bit and
is the only staging of MEFISTOFELE the Met has used.  I wondered if
Christian Van Horn is perhaps not a big enough name in the title role to get
an HD, or if the fact that San Francisco Opera sells their DVD of the
production (with Ramey) meant that the Met either couldn't put it on the big
screen or couldn't sell their own DVD with their cast.

Christopher Weimer