Subject: Re: Met «Aida» Next Season
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Feb 2018 18:35:36 -0700

First of all, the aria is even better in the four act version.  Io l'ho
perduta.  So the aria is there in revised (and I think better) form.  Then
there is the scene with Rodrigo, the duet with Elisabetta, the Garden
Scene, the auto da fe, the death of Rodrigo and the final duet with
Elisabetta.  There is plenty for Don Carlo to do and a much better version
of the aria in the four act revision.

Donald