Subject: Re: Met SEMIRAMIDE tonight
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Feb 2018 15:31:15 -0500

I heard the broadcast last night and will see it in house Saturday. I agree
with what seems to be the consensus - De Shong and Camerena were
outstanding - Meade better than expected Adbrazakov at sea in a heavily
florid role. Meade seemed to have her vibrato under better control but the
voice sounds patched together and her ornaments lacked originality and
pizzazz.   Lots of cut da capos and bridge passages but Camerena got both
of Idreno's arias - the second with da capo.