Subject: Re: Met SEMIRAMIDE tonight
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:04:40 -0700

I missed the Semiramide last night unfortunately.  I was looking forward to
it but forgot about it.  I still remember the original production with
Lella Cuberli, Marilyn Horne, Chris Merritt and Sam Ramey.  Of course, my
gold standard is Sutherland and Horne.  I'm a fan of Angela Meade's since I
first heard her at the Giulio Gari Competition back in 2007.  When she is
on, she is fabulous.  I have heard the London performance and Di Donato is
as usual wonderful but the role lies a bit out of her best range.
Barcellona, Brownlee and Pertusi were wonderful.  Hopefully I can catch the
next Broadcast.

Donald