Subject: Re: Lella Cuberli
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sun, 11 Feb 2018 19:57:37 +0000

I heard her several times in Brussels and once at la Scala (Tell).
Cuberli was her much older husband's name, she was 100% an American
girl. Her real name escapes me now. They were an extremely nice and
friendly couple.
In her prime she was a very fine bel canto singer (student of Celetti)
but then all of a sudden in the nineties it was all over. The voice was
suddenly shot.
I especially remember a very painful recital at the Munt/Monnaie in
Brussels in 1997 (Tony Pappano at the piano).
That was the end of it.
That fonit cetra disc of belcanto arias is indeed a marvel which I've
treasured since

RvdB