Subject: Elisir d'amore
From: John Schweger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 11 Feb 2018 19:01:24 +0000

Wonder why, after any Bergonzi L'elisir d'amore, I am always drawn back to the 24 December 1960 broadcast with:

Adina...................Elisabeth Söderström
Nemorino................Dino Formichini
Belcore.................Frank Guarrera
Dr. Dulcamara...........Fernando Corena
Giannetta...............Mildred Allen

Something about this performance "rings true" even if Formichini was replacing Valletti and was considered a "tenorino".  I love this performance.