Subject: Lella Cuberli
From: Peter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 11 Feb 2018 11:01:58 -0500

I'm curious now that Semiramide is about the re-enter the met rep if anyone has any
memories of the soprano who sang the premiere, Lella Cuberli. I had until recently only
heard this singers variable but at her best lovely work on the Barenboim Mozart recordings.
Lately I've discovered a virtual treasure trove of this woman's work on YouTube, much of it
absolutely lovely. Could anyone share their experiences with her and perhaps offer some
insight as to way she's more or less unknown these days and why she more or less dropped
off the face of the earth performance wise? When set against her contemporaries in similar
rep (Anderson and K.R.) I definitely think she has the more beautiful sound then the former
and certainly sounds technically more secure than the latter.

Would love to hear back from people, since I was never fortunate enough to see this lady

Modify your settings: