Subject: Re: Another announcer - David Elliott (WHRB Boston)
From: A Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 11 Feb 2018 09:00:40 -0500

Another important detail about David Elliot... if you like the programming he provides after the opera, it will no longer be on the air once he is gone.  There is nobody in all of Cambridge, much less at Harvard Radio, who has his enormous knowledge and interest in artists of the past, or even opera for that matter. All those scratchy recordings with faded voices that he plays may drive me batty (yesterday I could not even bear to tune in, I wanted to keep those marvelous voices in my mind) but it is such an instructive and wonderful program, and gorgeous once he gets into the 40s and 50s of course.