Subject: Re: L'Elisir today from the Met as heard on WQXR
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 11 Feb 2018 13:01:19 +0000

Absolutely!

Carreras sang four of the greatest performances I ever heard -

Maurizio with both Caballe and Scotto, Rodolfo with Cotrubas
and Cavaradossi on the evening of Sylvia Sass' Met debut. They
were, as Myriam said, a superb blending of tone and phrasing.
After Di Stefano, the most beautiful tenor voice I ever heard.

"Luciano" was a more famous name, and he was a great singer until
late in the game, but I much preferred Carreras when both were
in their prime.

As Max said, paraphrased, how lucky we were!

Bob