Subject: Re: favorite opera books
From: Tom Wikman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 11 Feb 2018 05:59:54 +0000

Also Goldovsky's book, "My Road to Opera" is great!

    On Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:41 PM, Rich Lowenthal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Another author I had forgotten to mention is Boris Goldovsky, especially
his volume of Met intermission scripts. I haven't read his autobiography
in years but remember finding it quite entertaining.

Also, Edward Said's book "On Late Style" is well worth reading--I find
him always provocative, even if I don't agree with him very often.