Subject: Re: Written on Skin
From: John Feather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Feb 2018 18:51:43 -0500

My husband, who likes very little written after, contemporaneously and shortly before
TURANDOT, actually liked WRITTEN ON SKIN.  He found it dramatic and he liked the music
(though I wonder how much was that we saw it in NYC with the stunning Barbara Hannigan!).
The only other contemporary opera he liked as much was the NY Philharmonic's production of
LE GRAND MACABRE (but purely for the staging. . .NOT the music).

Modify your settings: