Subject: Mary Jo Heath (Met broadcaster during today's broadcast of L'Elisir)
From: Brian T <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Feb 2018 17:08:42 +0000

You know what?  One of the hardest that one might be asked to do on a live broadcast, is to read the plots of the operas. Yes, the host has to read from a "script", so they don't miss anything--but the pressure being "live" must be very difficult.And if one gets a little distracted (like Mary Jo did today when she laughed at Mr. Siff) no wonder she lost her place in the "reading script"!  She took a few seconds to recover, but what I'm getting at, it's surprising this doesn't happen more often.
I used to think they pre-recorded the plot readings..I guess they don't.

Modify your settings: