Subject: Re: favorite opera books
From: Mark Schubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Feb 2018 19:05:40 -0500

Already mentioned:
The New Grove Dictionary of Opera
Encyclopedia of Opera on Screen
Mawrdew Czgowchwz

Others - non-fiction:
The Opera Singer and the Silent Film - Fryer
Opera on Film - Fawkes
Inventing the Business of Opera - Glixon
Opera: a History in Documents - Weiss
Opera in America - Dizikes
The Story of Opera - Somerset-Ward
From the Score to the Stage - Baker

And, just for fun:
Maskerade - Pratchett
Bantam of the Opera: a Bed-and-Breakfast Mystery (not the children's books)
When the Fat Lady Sings - Barber
Tenors, Tantrums and Trills - Barber
Great Operatic Disasters - Vickers