Subject: Re: favorite opera books
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Feb 2018 13:46:40 -0500

One that gave me goose bumps because of all the contacts, personalities
& legendary stars he dealt with,/"Memories of the "Opera"/, by Giulio
Gatti-Casazza. stounding, his dealings with Caruso, Boito, Ruffo,
Farrar,Toscanini, Puccini, Verdi & so many more, along with the
premieres of works that became mainstays of the repertory. YES, those
were, indeed, the days:-)

Paolo