Subject: women composers
From: "F. K. Koloalso" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Feb 2018 20:53:45 -0500

Wikipedia has a massive "List of female composers by birth date"

I can say I have heard at least one composition of a work by each of those
on this list, though many are no longer really in memory.  Some are very
much in memory.

Hildegard von Bingen
Fanny Mendelssohn
Clara Schumann
Maria Malibran
Pauline Viardot
CÚcile Cheminade
Ethyl Smyth
Amy Beach (known in her time as Mrs. H.H.A. Beach)
Rebecca Clark
Nadia Boulanger
Germaine Tailleferre
Ruth Crawford Seeger